Monday, August 19, 2013

PHG Ipoh Trip'13

As some of you may know, we PHG have a trip every year. 5 years after high school graduation, we are still doing it. I love them.

This trip was quite interesting as I almost couldn't make it because my dad was hospitalized for appendicitis and I wanted to take care of him, well luckily he recovered quick enough. hehe.

This time we went in 3 cars, PZX, Teo and CF drove.


Upon arriving Ipoh, we food lovers no doubt went to Ipoh town first to get a good taste of their renowned Ipoh Chicken Rice. We went to this restaurant called An Kee, that was located adjacently to Lou Wong ( which is the more famous chicken rice shop), we chose An Kee because we heard it is less expensive.)


Ipoh Town


Tauge 


Chicken Rice


Lou Wong - famous chicken rice shop


Opposite An Kee, I found a very interesting window. 

Sze Mei and I then walked around to take some photos. 






This is the famous Tau Fu Fah shop, just look at the queue. They even have "drive-through" service. We tried this on the last day, well undeniably, the tau fu fah was really smooth. 

We checked in at our "hotel". It is actually a two-stories terrace house. The house has 4 rooms, each comes with a bathroom. We were really happy with the place, it comes with a comfortable living room, a dry kitchen, a wet kitchen and a dining area. The porch was big enough to park 3 cars. You can even do BBQ there! 

What I like about the place is that it is clean and comfortable. It's about 15 minutes drive away from the town, I think that's pretty alright. But if you were to go there without a car, I think it would be hard to commute. 



After getting comfortable at our house (ahem), we then went to Kellie's castle where we took some interesting photos. It is located about half an hour from where we stayed. 



We would never miss an outing without the PHG pose. lol 





This is one photo I really like ! 


5 girls! Must be a record for PHG trips. haha 

On the second day, we went out early in the morning and we went to the railway station. 
I love the build of the place. Nice place to take photographs. 




Because it is within walking distance, we walked to Thean Chun for the famous pork satay and chee cheong fun. Too bad I didn't take any photos of those. 


After satisfying our stomach, we went to the Lost World of Tambun. About half an our drive from Ipoh Town. that's where I got my sunburn. 

We had so much fun taking rides, I wish I had taken my camera with me. 

We went to the Petting zoo and Sze Mei who is so scared of snakes cried when Teo and Kah Hoe played a prank on her. Bad boys. 

We spent the whole day there until it rained and at night we went to this restaurant called Tuck Kee. AWESOME smoked duck, the food was generally good and it wasn't too expensive. considering how much food we ordered. haha. 

Day 3: went to town for souvenirs and we left about 1pm. 

I wish I could come back every year and join them for the trip, but I know that that's not gonna be easy. 

well PHG, our aim, to Europe in 10 years? =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment