Wednesday, August 7, 2013

" I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." 
- Psalm 32:8 

Just as I was pondering about life and my future, this verse came. God always opens up his arms for us when we turn to Him, no matter how bad we were before, as long as we repent and turn to him, He never fails us.

He stated clearly that He WILL instruct us and teach us the way we should go, and He does that lovingly.

My dad was hospitalized the other day for appendicitis, he was sleeping in his ward after the operation and I was sitting beside him. I started looking at the apparatuses and I saw the nurses working outside, and I thought, how nice it would be if I was a doctor! Launching into the chinese stereotype of what a "good career" is, I started wondering if I have made the right choice in studying music, after all, the music industry is pretty much a free lance industry and you have to be THAT good to be somebody. Brought up in a chinese family, being a nobody just can't cut it.

I want an easy life. Well duh, who doesn't? Maybe I am psyched to think that only people who has a "stable" job would get an easy life for they would probably have high income and they would live a better life. I sound so materialistic. But money is at the end of the day still very important in our lives no? Especially in Malaysia, where the cost of living is so high and the labor is so low. Perhaps if I was a musician who only thinks about my art, I would be less stressed out. So I started praying, telling God how I felt. I asked him to guide me, and this was what came.

Matthew 6:25 - 34 

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 

For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. " 

These few verses, I have visited and revisited it so many times over the past 10 years. But it is interesting that as I grow with time, I see something new each time I read this passage. Last time what struck me was the last verse - seek ye first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these will be given unto you. This time round, I read more into the verses I put in bold. Truly, humans plan but God is the only person who establishes our steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment